About the Role
Would you like to use your Full Stack Development skills to help solve the climate crisis by developing groundbreaking financial technology? We're looking for someone to enhance our full stack software development as we build out our cutting-edge Zeti Hub on our journey to revolutionize transport finance for good. We’re looking for strength in front-end technologies, particularly React, and comfort with backend technologies, particularly C#, as well as knowledge of cloud technologies, ideally Azure Serverless. We’re a scaleup, so the job is fast-paced, with high potential for growth and impact as well as exposure to senior leadership.
What you’ll do
- Build features for the Zeti Hub in React with Typescript & Material UI and C# Azure Functions
- Work in a cross functional team with other developers, learning from their experience and sharing your own
- Lead and form expertise in certain areas, particularly front-end development
- Mentor other developers
- Perform in-hours support, shared on a rota with other developers
- Pragmatically Unit and Integration test your own features, using Xunit and Moq
- Create accessible and easy to use components that respect our users and make their experience better
- Bring your own unique experience to improve the team’s overall skillset
- Learn about the unique form of patent-pending finance that Zeti has developed
Zeti Hub is deployed to Azure and is responsible for tracking the mileage, position and vital EV statistics of thousands of vehicles from embedded IoT devices and automatically billing the fleet operators for their usage. It also gives the funder of those vehicles a simple to use, real-time dashboard to monitor their investments. Its goal is to entirely automate the deployment of institutional capital into zero-emission vehicles to drive sustainably.
What you might work on
The team operates on a range of work. We build customer-facing applications that generally display financial and vehicle data in easily-consumable formats to both investors at world-leading investment firms and fleet operators converting their vehicles to electric. We also build internally facing tools to enable our colleagues to onboard and manage the details of investments.
You should apply if:
- You want to help solve the climate crisis
- You’ve got strong experience in React and good experience in C#
- You’re familiar with TDD and keen to test your own code, in both the front-end and back-end
- You’re keen to bring your own creativity and new ideas
- You’re comfortable with web technologies, both on mobile and desktop
- You’re happy working on your own as well as with the small team
- You either have experience with Azure Serverless or have experience with another Serverless platform and are keen to learn Azure’s.
- You are comfortable with maths and mathematical charts. Financial experience is desirable but not essential
- You’ve got startup or scaleup experience
- You’ve got experience with Git and usual Pull Request workflows
- You want to write code that you’re proud of that’s both functional and readable
- You’re UK-based with the right to work
This might not be for you if:
- You aren’t committed to solving the climate crisis
- You aren’t invested in improving user experience
- You haven’t worked with other software developers directly before in a collaborative, agile environment
- You struggle in a rapidly changing environment and desire stability over adaptation
- You aren’t interested in learning about the specific domain that Zeti operates in
What to expect from the interview process:
- Initial Digital Interview (30 minutes Digital) - This is a chat to ensure that you fit into Zeti as a whole and that you have the relevant skills/experience for the role. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask questions about what Zeti does and what the role is.
- Software Project Review (45 minutes Digital) - You will be given a (2 - 4 hour) take-home test on GitHub which will involve creating a very lightweight full stack application. The review will enable us to talk through the project together and discuss the decisions you made.
- Final Interviews (~2 Hours preferred in-person) - Team Fit and CEO. These interviews focus on how you integrate with the people you will be working with every day as well as more senior people in the business.
Zeti is revolutionising transport finance for good. We are accelerating the transition to zero emission transport to combat the climate crisis by enabling a very flexible and efficient financing model, pay-per-mile. Since being founded in April 2020 we have:
- Helped prevent over 7 million kilos of carbon dioxide being emitted from vehicles
- Financed £39m of vehicles
- Recently expanded to the U.S.A
- Won numerous startup awards
The team is small with a hands-on CTO who you will get plenty of time with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNAl56HXdI&ab_channel=Conf42
Diversity and inclusion
At Zeti, diversity within our team is a crucial part of how we operate, bringing together a variety of perspectives, experience and ideas to foster innovation.
We know the best way to create a successful community within Zeti is to build an environment where you do not feel like you have to code-switch; one where you can be the best version of yourself each day. These principles underpin our vision for Zeti’s thriving future, exemplified by our embrace of a flat-hierarchy management structure.
We warmly invite applications from underrepresented groups, particularly women and ethnic minority candidates, recognizing the disparities in finance and tech. Zeti is a disability confident employer, which means that we currently employ disabled people and we support disabled applicants above and beyond minimum legislations.
If you have any questions about the accessibility of a role, please get in touch.
- Share Option scheme available
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension scheme available
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- High End Company Laptop - Apple MacBook or Equivalent Windows or Linux + External Monitor if required
- Flexible home & office working
- Regular Social Events
- Further benefits are to be confirmed
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.